Tuesday 3 October 2017

#ShelfLove - October Check-In


Didn't I just write one of these updates? If anybody knows what happened to September please do let me know... October, R.I.P., spooky reads, horror movies - my favorite things in one month! I've hit my R.I.P. reading target already so anything I read in October is going to be both a bonus and from the TBR pile. Still no surgery news but I do have an appointment with my orthopaedic surgeon on October 19th so keep your fingers crossed for me.

I read 32 books in September. And how many were from my TBR pile?  Not as many as I hoped. My #ShelfLove total increased by 17 this month, taking me up to 118 books from the TBR pile so far this year. Over the next 3 months I have to read 62 books from my TBR pile which is probably not a realistic target.

I'm almost done with my Goodreads challenge though. I'm currently at 92% with only 20 more books to read to hit my target. I'm deliberating over whether to leave it as is or to change it slightly by increasing the total up to 275. What to do...

Here are the facts and figures for September's reading and Shelf Love.

Aims
  • Read at least 15 of my own books a month - they have to have been on my shelves up to and including December 2016
  • For every 15 books read I'm allowed to buy 3 brand new books
  • For every 20 books donated to either charity or the library, I can buy 2 new books
 Progress

Ill Wind - Rachel Caine (reread)
Heat Stroke - Rachel Caine (reread)
Knife - R J Anderson (reread)
The Boy With The Cuckoo-Clock Heart - Mathias Malzieu (reread)
Masque Of The Red Death - Bethany Griffiths (reread)
Velveteen - Daniel Marks
Prom Nights From Hell - Meg Cabot
Cuckoo Song - Frances Hardinge (reread)
Karen Memory - Elizabeth Bear
Golden Girl - Sarah Zettel
Inside The Worm - Robert Swindells (reread)
Don't Look Now & Other Stories - Daphne du Maurier
The Fall Of The House Of Usher & Other Stories - Edgar Allan Poe
Fox - Jim Crumley
The Word For World Is Forest - Ursula K. Le Guin (reread)
The City Of Dreams & Nightmare - Ian Whates
The Dresskeeper - Mary Naylus

TBR SEPTEMBER HIGHLIGHT

https://bookishoutsider.blogspot.com/2017/09/cuckoo-song-frances-hardinge.html

September Reading By Numbers

Read - 32

Own - 19
Kindle - 6
Library - 7
 
TBR Challenge - 17
Review  - 4
Re-read - 6
 
 #ShelfLove Target - 118/180

Wishlist - 2652
TBR (Vaguely more accurate) - 1546 (It went up again...)
 
Goodreads Challenge Update


1 comment:

  1. Dongguan Bibuke Electronic Technology Co., Limited (Big Book) is one of the top-tier lcd panel manufacturers in China. Due to technological up-gradation and qualified professionals we are at the manner to compete with worldwide gamers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design